The Macau government says it is still assessing whether to extend the two-week casino closure beyond February 19, 2020, while it monitors developments related to the coronavirus.
Macau’s 41 casinos were ordered to close last week, with the suspension period lasting until Feb 19.
However, Dr. Lei Chin Ion, director of the Macau Health Bureau said they are closely monitoring the situation, and could potentially extend it if the Coronavirus is still showing signs of spreading.
The city, fortunately, has not seen any new cases of infection in the last five days.
Up to 23 hotel properties and 3,000 rooms are currently closed across the city due to the impact of the virus. The number includes 15 guesthouses.
According to the Public Security Police Force (CPSP), the number of tourists entering Macau 90 percent year-on-year between Jan 27 and Feb 7, with only 174,000 tourists registered.