MGTO expects tourism growth to decline in 2020

The Macau Government Tourism Office (MGTO) on Wednesday said it expects visitor arrivals to Macau to drop by around 3 percent this year.

MGTO director Maria Fernandes made the remarks during the MGTO annual press conference, noting that the downward trend started in November last year.

According to Macau News, Fernandes said the MGTO also expects a six percent decline in visitor arrivals during Chinese New Year. 

In contrast, 2019 ended with positive tourism growth, going up 10.1 percent to over 39.4 million, according to preliminary figures.